Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thrifty Easels

As most of you know I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. When scrapping for long periods of time constantly looking down on my desk while working on layouts was killing my neck, shoulders and back. I decided I wanted some type of easel system and looked at different ones, but they were all on the expensive side. I was telling my hubby about wanting an easel system and his handy self made me one. I must say I LOVE my thrifty easels! He created them with a white shelf, shelf brackets, sheet metal and magnets all purchased at Lowe's. He first cut the shelf in half. Each easel is roughly 15 1/2 x 14. He then attached the brackets to the back to make them stand upright or slightly elevated. I LOVE that it can be positioned two different ways! He then countersunk magnets on the face of the easels to hold the metal sheet in place. The metal sheets measure about 13 1/2 by 12. This gives me extra room on the sides to store my magnets not in use. Lastly, he bent the upper right corner of the metal sheets upward for easy removal from the easel. I must say that I now wonder how I ever scrapped without my easels!!! I am certainly putting them to good use and my RA and fibromyalgia are thanking me for it! I've added photos below. Please overlook my messy desk! My dear hubby was sweet enough to leave me a little note on one of the easels. I <3 him!!!





































2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! I love your scraproom!

~Suzy~ said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this and love your blog BTW!